CNCF & Community
- Join SIG Scalability and Learn Kubernetes the Hard Way
"Contributing to SIG Scalability is a great way to learn Kubernetes in all its depth and breadth, and the team would love to have you join as a contributor."
- Interoperability of open-source tools: the emergence of interfaces
The emergence of shared standards and a set of best practices are probably the reason behind the current cloud-native movement. This article has a close look on a few of them.
- Managing Harbor at cloud scale : The story behind Harbor Kubernetes Operator
This post explains why OVHcloud chose to base its "Private Managed Registry" on the Harbor project, built a Kubernetes operator for it, and open sourced it under the CNCF goharbor project.
- On the state of Envoy Proxy control planes
The rapid growth since adoption of Envoy Proxy lead to a forrest of custom control planes by different vendors. Matt Klein gives the status quo as well as an outlook.
Processes / Guides / Articles
- How Container Networking Affects Database PerformanceTyler Duzan and Vadim Tkachenko had a talk about this topic on KubeCon NA 2019. This blog post is based on the same efforts.
- Recommended Steps to Secure a DigitalOcean Kubernetes Cluster
Using DigitalOceans Kubernetes offering? This is a guide of recommended steps to make it secure.
- Creating Workspaces with the HashiCorp Terraform Operator for Kubernetes
The new Terraform Operator lets you define and create infrastructure as code natively in Kubernetes by utilizing Terraform Cloud.
- Your own Kubernetes controller - Laying out the work
The first part of Nicolas Fränkels 3 part series about writing Kubernetes controllers in Java.
- 4 ways to manage Kubernetes resources
Plain yaml files vs. Kustomize vs. Helm Charts vs. Operators.
- Kong Ingress Controller and Service Mesh: Setting up Ingress to Istio on Kubernetes
A full walktrhough of deploying Kong Ingress Controller including the Istio service mesh.
- How to create Kubernetes security policies
A quick introduction to Pod Security Policies in Kubernetes.
- Migrating from Helm v2 to v3
Helm v3, the major rewrite (without Tiller!) has been released in November 2019. This is a post about migrating your Helm Charts and Releases from V2 to V3.
- Directing Kubernetes traffic with Traefik
A step-by-step walkthrough on ingressing traffic into a K3S-Raspberry Pi cluster.
- Introducing istiod: simplifying the control plane
Istiod consolidates Istios components into one tool in order to simplify mesh operability.
- Calico 3.13 release with the tech preview of eBPF data plane
In CNN#9 we already linked to "Introducing the Calico eBPF dataplane" which explains the concepts of Calicos newest feature.
Order Domino's 🍕 with Kubernetes 🚢
Videos, Audios and Specials
- Fixing the Kubernetes clusterfuck - Understanding security from the kernel up
Awesome Kris Nova talks about auditing Kubernetes Security at runtime at FOSDEM'20.
- Nicole Hubbard - Securing Kubernetes Networking
Nicole Hubbard shows how Consul Connect with Envoy can help to securely maintain data communication between different Kubernetes and microservices environments.
- Jeff Geerling - You can get my DevOps books free the rest of this month
"I can't do much to help during this crises, but I figure that I can make my two books, Ansible for DevOps and Ansible for Kubernetes, free for anyone who wants to learn a new skillset as a buffer against possible coming layoffs." - Nice move, Jeff!
Enjoying these posts? Subscribe for moreSubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in