CNCF Community & Industry
- CNCF Microsurvey - Kubernetes at the Edge
Take part in the Kubernetes at the Edge micro survey and help the community to collect further insights as end-user, edge interest, or contributor.
- Join CNCF and Docker for the experimental "Container Garage" series starting April 1st!
CNCF and Docker have partnered to bring a series of events on different topics around container runtimes, lead by CNCF Ambassadors and Docker Captains. No joke, 1st of April, the event series will get started.
Containers & Orchestration
- Reverse Engineering a Docker Image — The Art of Machinery
Usually, you would use tools like dive to inspect Docker Images. However, this is nice to learn the details!
- Cosign — Signed Container Images
A nice and slim solution to a widespread problem. Great to experiment with, though the author doesn't recommend production use yet.
Any FreeBSD heads reading here? :) runj is an experimental, proof-of-concept OCI-compatible runtime for FreeBSD jails.
- Kubernetes Is Not Your Platform, It's Just the Foundation
"Manuel Pais discusses how many organizations see Kubernetes as "the" platform, rather than just a technical foundation for a true internal platform. Successful Kubernetes adoption requires thinking about the platform as a product and establishing product-like team structures and interactions to reduce cognitive load on development and other stream teams. Metrics can help guide the journey."
- Argo CD v2.0-rc1 is here!
The new major release of Argo CD will include interesting new features such as notifications, application sets, and an "image updater". Super excited to try it out!
- Cloud Native CI/CD with Tekton - Laying The Foundation
Tekton can be used to run CI/CD natively on Kubernetes. This article is the beginning of a series about utilizing and customizing Tekton to cloud-native.
- Kubernetes is so Simple You Can Explore it with Curl
I wouldn't exactly say Kubernetes is "simple". But it is built on proven technologies and protocols that can be used to explore it. It really helps to understand that Kubernetes does no magic :)
- New JSON handling way = OPA. Versatile JSON operation by
The Open Policy Agent is a powerful tool; as it mainly operates on JSON level, it even has powerful JSON querying capabilities. I learned a lot!
- Fairwinds Introduces Saffire, An Open Source Project to Eliminate a Common Single Point of Failure in Kubernetes Clusters
"Project pulls images from multiple registries to avoid registry outages." - Do you have a fallback in case your main registry is not alive anymore?
- Cloud-Native Is about Culture, Not Containers
"In this article, Holly Cummins will discuss the role of culture in cloud-native architecture. Furthermore, she will dive into various topics around cloud-native ranging from its definition to CI/CD and operations."
"A kubernetes add-on for creating and managing a cache of container images directly on the cluster worker nodes, so application pods start almost instantly."
Enjoying these posts? Subscribe for moreSubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in