CNCF Community & Industry
- Phil Estes on Containerd, Including K8s Deprecation of Dockershim, Container Runtime Architecture
"Wes Reisz talks with Phil Estes, one of the containerd maintainers, about container runtimes. The two discuss the significance (in detail) of the announcement that dockerhsim will soon be deprecated in Kubernetes, the complete container runtime stack, work the Open Container Initiative (OCI) is doing today on a third container spec around registries, and more."
- CKAD Curriculum 2021
The CKAD curriculum changed. Most notably Helm is now a fixed part of what a Kubernetes Developer needs to know.
- Red Hat and IBM Research Launch the Konveyor Project
"To help in Kubernetes adoption, Red Hat and IBM Research have created Konveyor, an open source project aimed at helping modernize and migrate applications for open hybrid cloud by building tools, identifying patterns and providing advice on how to bring cloud-native transformation across IT."
- Service Mesh Wars, Goodbye Istio
After using Istio in production for almost 2 years, we’re saying goodbye to it. Learn why, as well as the current state of the Service Mesh Wars.
- Increasing App Throughput with Linkerd
Read about the learnings the company made while building a platform for near real-time data processing based on Kubernetes, linked, and gRPC.
- Cilium 1.10 got a release
The latest Cilium Version brings you support for in-cluster encrypted communication via wire guard, BGP, Egress IP Gateway and a stand-alone Load Balancer.
- RHSB-2021-004 Symlink-Exchange attack - runc - (CVE-2021-30465)
The Red Hat Customer Portal delivers the knowledge, expertise, and guidance available through your Red Hat subscription.
Containers & Orchestration
- The Easiest Way to Debug Kubernetes Workloads
Debugging distroless containers can be hard at times. EphemeralContainer for the win!
- You’re thinking about Kubernetes all wrong
"Try using Kubernetes like an app server for smaller teams instead of treating it like a centralized cloud."
Data & Storage
- Why Kubernetes Is The Best Technology For Running A Cloud-Native Database
Making the case for running Apache Cassandra on Kubernetes.
The easiest way to run WireGuard VPN + Web-based Admin UI. - WeeJeWel/wg-easy
- Release v0.11.0 · Kubernetes-sigs/kind
v0.11.0 brings in much sought-after support for multi-arch, rootless, dual-stack along with a couple of performance fixes. Breaking Changes The default node image is a Kubernetes v1.21.1 image: ki...
Enjoying these posts? Subscribe for moreSubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in