- Volunteer for HashiCorp Certified: Vault Operations Professional Beta Exam
"Take the beta exam for the newest level of Vault certification — for free — and you'll have a chance to be one of the first certified Vault Ops Pros."
- Kubernetes co-founder Joe Beda Interview by Evrone
Kubernetes co-founder Joe Beda interviewed.
- How eBPF Streamlines the Service Mesh
Today's service mesh solutions for Kubernetes require you to add a proxy sidecar container such as Envoy or Linkerd-proxy to every application pod. This means, with every pod running in your cluster, you always need some additional container and additionally affecting the latency. eBPF & Cilium are here to rescue!
- Distributed protocol underpinning cloud computing automatically determined safe and secure
Paxos consensus protocol is not anymore considered too complex to be proven safe (without hours of manual labor) - "In an important step toward ensuring the protocols that dictate how our networked services operate are safe, secure and running as expected [...]."
- Cloud-Native WebAssembly Applications Are Already Here
I think it's fair to say that Kubernetes is not the future of WebAssembly. That doesn't mean that Wasm won't play well with Kubernetes or that Wasm might not be the future of K8s. However, I do think that as a Cloud Native community, we need to stop thinking of everything in terms of Kubernetes so as not to stifle our innovation. This is especially true for Wasm, where there are entirely new ways of architecting and building things that are not considered in k8s.
- From One to Many: The Road to Multicluster
This is a blog post version of Kaslin Fields KubeCon NA 2021 keynote "From One to Many, the Road to Multicluster". We think it is inspiring content and worth a share!
- Kubernetes Multicluster with Kind and Cilium
In this article, you will learn how to configure Kubernetes multicluster locally with Kind and Cilium.
- Getting Started with VMware Tanzu Community Edition
Tanzu Community Edition intends to funnel all the capabilities of Tanzu to provide users the ability to create and support the lifecycle of modern applications across multiple cloud and infrastructure providers.
- How to Develop a Custom Provider in Terraform
Saravanan explores the creation of a custom Terraform provider. A nice little hands-on example!
- Securing a Kubernetes pod with Regula and Open Policy Agent
Regula is an open-source policy engine for checking infrastructure as code. Not only can Regula check your Terraform and CloudFormation files for security and compliance violations, but it can now also check Kubernetes YAML manifests. This blog post will demonstrate how to run Regula on a Kubernetes manifest to detect an insecure pod!
- Dynamic alert routing with Prometheus and Alertmanager
This tutorial shows you how to dynamically route alerts to relevant Slack team channels by labeling Kubernetes resources with the team and extracting team labels within alerting rules.
- Welcome to Pluto, the place to start with open source development
Pluto is a utility to help users find deprecated Kubernetes API versions in their code repositories and their helm releases.
- Announcing HashiCorp Waypoint 0.6
"HashiCorp Waypoint 0.6 focuses on Kubernetes by integrating Helm, showing Kubernetes resources in the UI, adding pod auto-scaling, and supporting Ingresses."
- The Importance of Structure Testing for Docker Containers
"Whether using containers to support development or for packaging an application, it's easy to take them for granted. But many things can go wrong with them: moved files, incorrect permissions, a user is missing, the Dockerfile is incomplete, the list goes on."
- aws-quickstart/ssp-amazon-eks: AWS Quick Start Team
Amazon EKS SSP Quick Start provides AWS customers with a framework and methodology that makes it easy to build a Shared Services Platform (SSP) on top of Amazon EKS.
- Public preview: AKS support for WebAssembly System Interface (WASI)
"Deploy WebAssembly System Interface (WASI) workloads in Kubernetes using Krustlets."
- Highlights From HashiConf Global 2021 for Enterprises
"A recap of key announcements and presentations from HashiConf Global 2021 — focused on the needs and interests of enterprises."